Welcome to EndThrive!
Last Updated and Effective: January 1, 2020
We’re here to provide you with tools and services that are designed to help you make financial progress, career progress, and personal development. Before you get started, we’d like to tell you more about what we do with the information we collect about you.
We’re here to provide you with tools and services that are designed to help you make smart financial decisions. Before you get started, we’d like to tell you more about what we do with the information we collect about you.
What This Policy Covers
That said, you should know that we may provide third party content or links to third-party web sites or applications. When you leave our Services or interact with a third-party feature, you should also read the applicable third party’s privacy policies and terms of service to make sure you understand how they might collect and share information about you (everybody is different).
What Information We Collect
To put it simply, there are three main ways we collect information about you: when you give it to us, with automatic technologies, and when we ask others for it. Allow us to explain.
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information to us in various ways, such as through forms, features or other means offered through our Services. A couple of examples include information you provide to us when buying a product and feedback forms where you send us comments, questions, or other feedback. The types of information you provide us fit into two general categories:
- Personal Information: This is information that identifies you personally, such as your full name, street address, or email address.
- Non-Personal Information: This is information about you or your household that doesn’t identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of products you’re interested in.
When we combine information that isn’t Personal Information (like Non-Personal Information or Usage Information, which we explain below) with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
Information We Automatically Collect
In addition to the information you provide to us, we automatically collect certain information about how you access and interact with our Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information is a key part of how we improve your EndThrive experience and provide you with more personalized insights and recommendations. We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store Usage Information in connection with our Services. These may include things like cookies, browser web storage (e.g., HTML5), web beacons and similar technologies. There are three types of Usage Information we may collect:
- Device Information. This is information about how you access our Services, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device.
- Log Information. There are certain pieces of information we automatically collect in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which features you visit or click on. This Log Information may also include things like your IP address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access and cookie information.
- Location Information. We may use certain information like your IP address or other Device Information or Log Information to estimate your location (e.g., your city or state). We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services. We will only use these location-enabled services on your device with your consent, though.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We might also collect information from other users like you through things like a member referral program.
Our Cookie Usage
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
(a) authentication – to identify you when you visit and navigate our website;
(b) status – to help us to determine if you are logged into our website;
(c) personalization – to store information about your preferences and to personalize the website for you;
(d) security – to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally;
(e) advertising – to display advertisements that will be relevant to you; and
(f) analysis – to help us to analyze the use and performance of our website and services.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. Please consult your browser instructions for information about how to delete or block cookie usage. Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Children’s Privacy and Data
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We and this Website does not knowingly and intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or provide any information on this Website. Do not use any third-parties that might have links present on this website. Do not provide your name, address, phone number or any payment information.
If a parent or guardian believes that this Website unknowingly collected personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13 in its database, please contact us at once at [email protected] and we will do our best to immediately remove any and all such information from our database.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Services, communicate with you, conduct research and development to improve or enhance our Services and our users’ experience and promote our Services. These are a few examples:
- To send you emails and provide services to you. We use the information we collect to send you emails that you can unsubscribe from at any time, and to provide services to you.
- To improve our recommendations and insights. The information we collect also helps us tailor our content and improve the way we match you to recommended offers or insights. We’re constantly working on ways to better identify and present the information that’s most relevant to you.
- To communicate with you. We use the information we collect to provide you with member support or to send you things like recommendations, offers from our partners and other updates or promotions. Most of the time we’ll communicate with you by email, but we may also send you push notifications, or browser notifications.
- To conduct research and to improve and promote our services. We use the information we collect to conduct research and to improve or enhance and promote our Services.
- For legal reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including Personal Information) as reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena or legal process, or respond to any governmental requests and cooperate with law enforcement, if we believe such action is required or permitted by law;
- Enforce our Terms of Service, including investigating any potential violations;
- Protect the safety, integrity, rights or security of our members, our Services or equipment, or any third party; or
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues related to our Services or our partners.
When We Share the Information We Collect
First, we want to be clear about how we do not share information about you:
- We do not sell your Personal Information to or share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own advertising or marketing purposes.
Now that we’ve covered that, let us explain how we could share with third parties. We may share information about you, including Personal Information, with third parties in a variety of ways, such as:
- Our partners when you ask for their services. We may also give you opportunities to interact with third party partners through our Services, such as when we provide you with the opportunity to review and send your personal information to a partner in order to pre-populate your application on the partner’s site or we send you to the partner’s site for you to provide the information directly to them. In some cases, if you click through to go to a partner’s site, you will automatically be sending your personal information to that partner. When this happens, you will still have to submit your application on the partner’s site. Remember that any information you provide to the partner, whether through us or on your own, will be subject to their privacy practices and terms and conditions.
- When you publicly post the information. As part of our Services, we may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include Personal Information and portions of your Member Profile designated as public profile information, like your name or user name. Anything you share in a public forum is, obviously, public, so think carefully about what you decide to share.
- For Legal Reasons. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose information about you to third parties for certain legal purposes.
- With Your Consent. There may also be other limited contexts in which we share specific types of personal information with your express consent.
We may also share with third parties de-identified or aggregated data we collect, such as de-identified demographic information, or information about the computer or device from which you access the Service. We share such information for a variety of purposes, including to analyze Service usage, develop shared services, and improve our own products and features.
Special notice to Vermont Residents:
EndThrive will not share your non-public personal information with unaffiliated third parties without your consent, other than as permitted by law.
You can manage your email communications preferences with us. For example, we’ll include “unsubscribe” instructions in marketing emails. You may also have the ability to adjust app- or browser-specific communications settings (e.g., for things like push or browser notifications) within the settings screen of your mobile app or browser. Technology moves fast, so the types of communications and communication preference options might change from time to time.
Email communications and policies
If you decide to contact us through email, we reserve the right to retain the content of your email messages along with your email address and our responses.
Your privacy is important to us, therefore, your email address will never be shared, sold, leased to any third party members.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, any and all communications sent from our Company or Website will clearly state who the email is from, why’s it’s for, and will have a clear method for contacting the sender.
Furthermore, should you not wish to receive any more emails, you can click on the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the email. You can also go to our dedicated unsubscribe page.
Advertising Service Providers
Disclosure Regarding Google Analytics Advertising Features
In addition to services from other Advertising Service Providers, we use the following Google Analytics Advertising Features as part of our marketing analytics and advertising: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Platform integrations and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We may also use other services provided by Google Analytics from time to time. At present, Google provides users an opportunity to opt-out of the Google Analytics Features through Google’s Ads Settings and their web browser opt-out plugin. However, we do not control these opt-outs, which may be updated or removed by Google in accordance with its own policies. For additional information on opting out of interest-based ads by Google, you can visit Google’s Opt-out page here.
Do Not Track Signals
At this time, we do not respond to automated signals regarding tracking mechanisms, including “do not track” instructions from your browser. Please note that blocking cookies may affect your browsing experience on many sites and may limit your ability to use certain features of our Services, including many of the personalized features we provide for our members.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
You should bookmark and periodically review this page to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version of this Policy. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by checking the “Last Updated” legend at the top of the Policy.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Want More Information?
Thanks for taking the time to read through all this. If you have questions regarding this policy or privacy practices at EndThrive, you can at [email protected]